Australian Sake Festival Melbourne 2023
DATES: 1 July (Sat) - 2 July (Sun) 10:00 - 16:00
LOCATION: Queen Victoria Market, Melbourne VIC (enter via Peel Street)
WEBSITE AND TICKETS: https://sake-festival.com.au/
“A celebration of sake, foods and culture of Japan”, Australian Sake Festival 2023 is coming to Melbourne. A fun-packed Japanese festival “Sake Festival & Edo Digital Art Exhibition” where visitors can taste #Japanese sake and experience its traditional culture, will be held at Queen Victoria Market in Melbourne on Saturday 1 to Sunday 2 July!
#Sake Festival will be held for the second time this year after the success last year in Sydney, and will be bigger this year, upgraded even further with four themes: sake, food, culture and tourism in Japan! The festival is also held at Carriageworks in Sydney on Saturday 30 September to Sunday October.
The event will have two main areas at the venue. Area for the Sake Festival is where visitors can fully taste Japanese sake and other alcoholic beverages. Sake breweries and sake makers from Japan will introduce their products, and there will be over 200 different types of Japanese sake available for taste and purchase on the spot. Various Japanese foods cooked by the local restaurants that accompany sake will also be available. Moreover, sake related products and selected made-in-Japan products will be available to purchase! And another exciting program concurrently held is the Edo Digital Art Exhibition, a special feature on the theme of the Edo period (1603 - 1867) in Japan. The digital screen will introduce the most famous Japanese art, Ukiyo-e paintings, the life in #Edo, and the historical charm that began in the Edo period, all information-laden visual contents that are enjoyable for people of all ages. At this zone, Japanese traditional crafts, performing arts, fashion and other Japanese products will be on display and some of them for sale, as well as live performances and workshops for kids and adults.
From this year, you can accompany under 17 for free with you, the event is an all-ages festival to experience Japanese sake and traditional culture. Come to experience it as if you are travelling in
Australian Sake Festival & Edo Digital Art Exhibition
● Sake stalls by multiple Australian distributors and Japanese sake breweries directly from Japan
● Sake tastings on site for participants to sample
● Sake available for purchase on site (takeaway only)
● Sake-ware (pottery), artisan Japanese ceramics and products for sale
● #Kimono for sale
● Edo Digital Art Exhibition (large LED screen)
● Artworks done by local artists
● Free Sake 101 seminars and food pairing sessions
● Panel talks by Australian sake industry professionals
● Live Japanese drum ( #taiko) performance, singer, DJ, sword fighting performance, #HANNANINGEN show
● Food stalls by local restaurants
● Tasting glass to keep
● Sake brewers from Japan and local wholesalers to meet
● 200+ sake to taste
● A variety of umeshu, yuzushu and other fruit liquor to taste
● Shochu, Awamori and Whisky to taste
● Bottles available for take home purchase
● Foods (sushi, sashimi, wagyu, vegan & vegetarian Japanese foods) available for purchase
● Access to Edo Digital Art Exhibition and Artwork display
● Responsible Service of Alcohol practices will be observed.
Please note ticket sales will end as soon as it reaches the capacity. Early bird tickets for Melbourne and Sydney events are only available for 200 tickets per day for each. Be sure to purchase a ticket before they are sold out!
All thanks to our friends at Australian Sake Festival, Bohemian Rhapsody Weekly Magazine is covering one of the event days (media: David Vlack, Grace Liu, Chierchia Gerardo and Fabio Segatori) please stay tuned for more details
special thanks: Eriko KONISHI