Published by Natasha Marchev · 14 hrs · Zilla & Brook and assorted Melbourne locations present
Melbourne Fringe Festival 2018
DATES: 13-30 September 2018
LOCATIONS: for each show across Melbourne
For 2.5 weeks in September, Melbourne Fringe transforms our city into a platform for every kind of artform imaginable, supporting over 3,000 artists to present 450+ works in 170+ venues to more than 360,000 people. Our open access Festival champions cultural democracy – art for anyone. We celebrate freedom of artistic expression, we take voices from the margins and amplify them across the city. Fringe embraces risk through our uncurated festival which supports anyone to participate.
We work year round as educators, promoters, and creators. We are supporters, we are challengers, we rock the boat and we question the status quo. Our participants and our audiences are at the heart of what we do. They are the risk-takers and the art-makers. They are creative, they are bold, they are diverse. They are the artists at the start of their careers, they are the artists launching into the next echelon, they are the big names trying out brand new ideas, and sometimes, they are just everyday people who have something big to say.
Our Festival is unlike any other. It takes place in theatres and galleries, but also in living rooms, in alleyways, in bookshops and libraries, in restaurants and cafes, in the backseat of cars – anywhere you can imagine. By pushing boundaries and illuminating new thoughts and ideas, our Festival transforms not only our city’s places but its people too. Not many come out the same way they go in. We have evolved across our 36 years, beginning in 1982 as the Fringe Art Network. While we stay committed to our roots – a collaborative encouraging, representing and uniting artists of all disciplines – we have matured to become one of our state’s most significant arts organisations that supports the generation of new work, discovering artists and new ideas.
What do we do? Read on my friends, read on.
All thanks to the Festival management team and Zilla & Brook Publicity Bohemian Rhapsody Club and Magazine has a wonderful opportunity to cover practically all festival events.
We will cover for our readers:
1. #BabyBiBiBi at The Butterfly Club - Upstairs by Erin Pattison production:https://melbournefringe.com.au/event/baby-bi-bi-bi/ (media: Nadia Pleshkova)
2. "Rap Rap Rappin’ on Heaven’s Door" at Club Voltaire by #RhymezoneProduction https://melbournefringe.com.au/…/rap-rap-rappin-on-heavens…/ ( media Michelle Schembri-Lipscombe)
3. #FuckboysTheMusical at Fringe Hub: Melbourne Lithuanian Club - Ballroom by #GenerationProductionshttps://melbournefringe.com.au/event/fuckboys-the-musical/ ( media Michelle Schembri-Lipscombe)
4. Cultural Renegades | Melbourne Fringe Festival at Boneyhttps://melbournefringe.com.au/event/cultural-renegades/ (( media Michelle Schembri-Lipscombe)
5. Twink Ascending - Melbourne Fringe Festival 2018 at Emerald City - The Stables https://melbournefringe.com.au/event/twink-ascending/ (( media Anthony Wayne - Mr Diamond Australia 2018 )
Please stay tuned for more details coming up soon