Professional speechwriter Michael Gladkoff at Word Nerdshttp://www.wordnerds.com.au/ has spent the past 30 years creating speeches and presentations, and helping leaders communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively.
In Speech Power, Michael gives you the essential aspects of creating persuasive speeches and presentations, including:
- Developing clear messages that are easy to understand and remember
- Creating openings that gain attention
- Using stories for maximum impact
- Connecting with audiences through humour
- Writing effective endings to get the results you want
- Applying the language of leadership to ensure your message is remembered and shared
- Developing a writing style that's clear and easy to deliver
- Building credibility, applying logic and evoking emotion in your speeches and presentations.
The book gives you the tools to lead with more powerful speeches and presentations, whatever the objective, audience or event.
About the author. Michael Gladkoff is the Director of SpeechPower (www.speechpower.com.au) and Word Nerds (www.word-nerds.com.au), organisations dedicated to creating persuasive communication for a diverse range of clients. His experience as a professional communicator spans over thirty years. Michael became interested in the art of persuasion in the early 1980s when he began writing advertising copy for tourism resorts. While in university he joined Toastmasters and began writing and delivering speeches and presentations. He went on to serve in roles in advertising, marketing and publishing where he continued to hone his skills.
His work creating thousands of advertising pieces, marketing publications, speeches and presentations for companies in Australia, Europe and North America has given Michael broad expertise in persuasive communication. He now draws on his experience to empower people to become better communicators through his keynotes, presentations and workshops. Some of the organisations he has served include Amcor, ANZ, Australian Red Cross, Bendigo Bank, Carlton United Breweries, CSL Ltd, Electrolux, Harvey Norman, Institute of Chartered Accountants, James Cook University, NRMA and Siemens Ltd.
Bohemian Rhapsody Club and Online Magazine has one copy of the book to give away to one of our reviewers. Calling for our media team writers. Thanks, Natasha